AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING SUMMER GERMANY
Start your Master Studies early, meaning you have more free time during the next semester; or complete your Bachelor Studies at Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany.
- Studying automotive technology in Germany, where the automobile was born and most of the premium cars are developed and produced
- Studying at one of Germany‘s best universities for mechanical engineering
- Experiencing the cutting edge of automotive research
- Execution of a research project together with German students
- Global experience
- The opportunity to travel within Europe
- More free time during following semesters – for leisure or to focus on your research
- Becoming acquainted with the German culture
The program consists of three automotive engineering classes (Automotive Development Trends, Advanced Design Project, Tutorial Automotive Engineering) and some cultural supporting program. Start in Germany will be on May, 20th, 2019. The overall duration of the program is 11 weeks and therefore the program officially ends in the evening of August, 2nd, 2019. Afterwards, you will have time to travel around Europe before the fall semester in the US begins.
Trends in Automotive Development is an extension of the knowledge about motor vehicles through lectures on current research topics of FZD’s scientific employees, as well as field trips.
Advanced Design Project is a team project about an automotive topic. For example, tasks of the last years were the construction of a part for Darmstadt’s Formula Student Racing Team or helping with environment perception sensors in our “Automated Driving Darmstadt for Students” project.
Automotive Engineering Lab is a combination of lectures and experiments. In experiments theoretical knowledge is put into practice.
Classes will be held in English, so that German skills are not necessary. Nevertheless, if you want there will be plenty of opportunities to learn some German.
For more Information about the application process please contact your study abroad office