Till 15.11.2013: Submission of application documents, summarized in a single PDF document, by e-mail to the contact person concerned.
On 05. and 06.12.2013: Interviews with the candidates, who have been shortlisted after a review of the application documents. These applicants will be informed about the exact time of the interview in writing.
On 12.12.2013: Additional interviews for Tongji candidates with Continental. Selection Day at Continental AG with the candidates, that were short-listetd after the interviews with TU Darmstadt. These candidates are invited in writing.
Before Christmas, the short listed students will be informed about the decision of the selection committee.
- Above-average academic results
- Extra-curricular activities and soft skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Tongji: The bachelor's degree should completed as far as possible two semester, latest one semester, before the start of a semester abroad
- UB / VT: The bachelor's degree should attained by the start of the stay abroad
- Very good English language skills
- Interest in issues related to automotive engineering
- The willingness to prepare a report on the experience gathered at the end of the stay abroad (mandatory in the case of a DAAD grant)
The application process is centralized for all exchange programs. If you are applying for more than one option, please write the cover letter based on your first preference. Indicate in your cover letter other options you are interested in and rank them in order of preference. Mention this on the unified TUD application form.
- Submission of completed application forms to the research assistant responsible for your university of choice (first choice).
- Interviews with the candidates who have been short listed after the screening of the application documents. These applicants will be notified and informed of the exact time of the interview.
- Notification of acceptance within 4 weeks.
In addition, if you are applying for the residency program at Tongji University with funding for the master's program by Continental Chassis & Safety
- Interview with Continental Chassis & Safety in Frankfurt / Main
- Feedback on support through scholarship for the master’s program
- Cover letter (with order of preference in case of multiple choices)
- Completed application form with recent photo
- Detailed CV in tabular form
- UB/VT Students: statement explaining course you plan to take (subject list with justification, see course programs)
- Grade sheet listing results in exams taken during the course of bachelor’s program, if possible grade sheet of the bachelor exam/degree with the bachelor’s GPS rounded off to one place of decimal.
- Copy of your high school diploma
Submission of application documents summarized in a single PDF document by e-mail to the research assistant responsible for your university of choice (first choice).