This created the basis for a systematic optimization of cargo securing systems in the future and for a complete and reproducible examination of the validity regarding the strongly simplified assumptions of the valid regulations in the area of cargo securing.
The HULK can also be used to carry out cargo securing tests according to EUMOS 40509. The test rig and the test method with simultaneous horizontal and vertical stimulation are patented.
Performance Data of HULK
- Horizontal acceleration: ± 10 m/s2
- Vertical acceleration: ± 10 m/s2
- Duration of acceleration: 0,4 s (at maximum acceleration)
- Cargo platform:
- Dimensions: 2400 x 2500 mm2
- Payload: 3000 kg
- Measured parameters:
- Restraining forces: Strain gauges
- Belt pretensioning forces: load cells
- Movement/deformation of cargo: optical 3d-measuring system (Own development)